Silence is a great Teacher!
What does it teach?
In no particular order, here are some things it has taught me:)
- Joy is within.
- Joy is a gift from God.
- Joy is eternal.
- Relationships and connection are what is important.
- Happiness is temporary.
- Happiness is external.
- I need to be more patient!
- When to take action and when to wait (not always easy)
- When to be silent and when to speak
- Sometimes silence is the best action.
- Wisdom resides in silence.
- Inner peace is possible despite outer chaos.
- God is in both the noise and silence.
- Sometimes I just need to held by the silence.
- God loves me.
- My actions are birthed in Silence.
- In silence I connect to my true self: the person God wants be to continue to become.
- I sit in silence with God and walk with God in life.
Just jotting down some inner reflection:)
What has Silence taught you?
Let me know if I can help.
Sitting with God: A Journey to Your True Self Through Centering Prayer is now available in Kindle and paperback. Try a free sample here.
Get more Centering Prayer tips on Rich’s blog page.