- We workout at the gym for both strength and cardio work.
- We watch what we eat.
- We visit the doctor for our annual checkup.
- We wear a new pair of clothes.
- We buy comfortable sneakers.
- We feel good about our recent haircut.
- We enjoy a massage.
These are all forms of outer care.
What about inner care?
- Do you take the time to rest and relax?
- Do you journal your thoughts, dreams and goals?
- Do you take a walk?
- Do you watch the sun rise or set?
- Can you sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea?
- Do you take the time to read a good novel?
- Do you enjoy a meal with friends or family where you will talk, listen and enjoy each other’s company?
It is important to balance your outer care with inner care.
One way I practice inner care is a form of silent prayer called Centering Prayer.
Centering prayer tends to and nourishes my innermost soul.
Let me know if I can help.